Gendercast is BACK! After a few months break, we are back and excited to bring you all some great episodes and are extra, super excited about our most current, Disability Justice and Queer & Trans* Community. We appreciate you visiting our facebook page and staying engaged with us during the past few months and are excited for so many upcoming episode topics.
We wanted to ensure you all had these great links and resources about Disability Justice and are re-sharing them here, please take a look!
- Hel, episode 35 guest, has a great blog: BLACK, BROKEN & BENT
- Writing Resistance, the writing project Hel co-organizers, fb page
- "In Passing...", the zine that Jude mentions, fb event Call for Submissions here
- D Center at the University of Washington website and fb page
- The Icarus Project (info on radical mental health)
- Leaving Evidence, the blog by Mia Mingus and her blog post on Changing the Framework: Disability Justice
- Washington Incarceration Stops Here (WISH), website and fb page
- Feminists with Disabilities website, a good resource for terminology
- Eddie Ndopu - “Musings from a Queercrip Femme Man of Color”
- Eli Clare - Exile and Pride, www.eliclare.com
- [BOOK] Joseph Shaprio - No Pity: People With Disabilities Forging a New Civil Rights Movement (this book is a really powerful history of disability organizing!
- Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha - www.brownstargirl.org
- Aurora Levins Morales - http://www.auroralevinsmorales.com/
Updates from your GC Hosts: Sean has been absorbed in school as he pursues his master's in social work and just had top surgery last week, congratulations to Sean! Jesse has been participating in some local trans* organizing and is gearing up to present at the Philly Trans Health Conference (June 13-15th).